casual game in Amsterdam

De plaats voor onderwerpen binnen Magic: the Gathering die je niet in andere fora kwijt kunt.

Moderator: Admins & Moderators

Plaats reactie
trollmagic
Starter

casual game in Amsterdam

Bericht door trollmagic »

Hi guys,

I used to play MTG long time ago, and now I would like to play it again. I know about meetings at 2 Klaveren café in Amsterdam West, but I was wondering if anyone would like just to play few games with me. I live in the center of Amsterdam. I am not super experienced, but in general I know the rules. My deck format is the closest to Modern but I have cards from Mercadian Masques. Maybe there is already some small group I could join for few games or someone who would just like to play few casual games. Let me know !
pi
Archmage
Contacteer:

Re: casual game in Amsterdam

Bericht door pi »

It's probably a good idea to check out the new game store Friends & Foes:
http://friendsfoes.nl/ - https://www.facebook.com/friendsfoes/

They have a nice space to play and regularly organize Magic tournaments. I've found a few casual pickup games there and would be happy to meet up for a few games (though I'll be out this weekend). Last week someone was gunslinging for casual games: if you beat him you'd win a boosterpack (I beat him about 8 games to 2 the night before, but that didn't count ;)). They've done a few pauper tournaments (AKA all common) and do 2 weekly drafts. Other games are also commonly being played there, so if you're unlucky in the Magic department there might still be some entertainment to be had.

Personally I tend towards building for casual, complying with Commander or Vintage deck construction rules, though not aiming to build something worthy for competitive tournaments. I prefer multiplayer over 1 on 1 games. I'll probably have a deck that would be a fair fight for one of yours or could build one if not.
Je kunt een bijdrage doen aan de kosten van dit forum via deze link.
trollmagic
Starter

Thanks for quick reply pi. I will definitely check Friends & Foes. Let me know next time you will be there so we can play few games. Thanks !
pi
Archmage
Contacteer:

Bericht door pi »

FYI: They've recently changed their opening hours, they now close earlier on Wednesday and Sunday.

I'm happy to let you know, as admin I can see your e-mail, shall I contact you through that? I might consider going there this Tuesday or Thursday if the weather's good enough for cycling (I live a bit over 10 KM away, don't exactly want to arrive with my cards drenched). You can also post that you want to play Magic on their FB, possibly others will respond too. They are doing a pauper* tournament (approximately all common) this Friday, but I won't likely be there.

*I checked to confirm with them what they meant by Pauper and as I suspected it's not the same as what's traditionally referred to as Pauper:

- you can play any card available on MTGO for Pauper (http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/ga ... ats/pauper)
- this means the cards on the MTGO Pauper ban list are banned
- this means any card not available on MTGO is banned (this is true for several cards from old sets)
- this means any card with different rarities than on MTGO is judged as if you are playing on MTGO (so Maze of Ith is a rare, even if it's both available on MTGO and printed as a common in The Dark)

I'm not sure how you can easily get an overview of allowed cards.
trollmagic
Starter

Sure you can contact me by e-mail. Weather does not look very promising but let me know if you are going so I will join. I can be there easily around 17:40 or later, both Tuesday and Thursday are ok for me. I will write on their Facebook - thanks for a tip. Will also check the Pauper tournament, but I don't think I will make it on Friday.
pi
Archmage
Contacteer:

Bericht door pi »

Chance of rain is actually pretty low today according to buienradar and Thursday is looking worse. I do have some other things to consider, but I'll send you an e-mail in the afternoon. I can be there at around 18:00-18:30. I definitely won't be attending the Pauper tournament on Friday, but I might attend similar tournaments in the future (the timing for this one is just bad for me).
Plaats reactie