Vedalken Engineer

Vragen over Magic: the Gathering? Of kom je ergens niet uit? Stel hier je vragen met betrekking tot de spelregels van Magic the Gathering.

Moderator: Admins & Moderators

Plaats reactie
Kingseltje
Advanced

Vedalken Engineer

Bericht door Kingseltje »

Ok, ik heb een Mycosynth Lattice (All permanents are artifacts in addition to their other types. All cards that aren't in play, spells, and permanents are colorless. Players may spend mana as though it were mana of any color.) liggen.

Vervolgens speel ik Consume Spirit (Spend only black mana on X. Consume Spirit deals X damage to target creature or player. You gain X life.)
Mag ik zijn casting cost betalen met een Vedalken Engineer (tap: Add two mana of any one color to your manapool. Spend this mana only to play artifact spells or activated abilities of artifacts.) En als ik Arcbound Workers (Modular 1) sac. en een Dross Scorpion (Whenever Dross Scorpion or another artifact creature is put into a graveyard from play, untap target artifact) heb liggen, mijn Vedalken Engineer untappen, en dan die mana in die Consume Spirit gooien?

Excuses voor de lange ingewikkelde uitleg :? *help*
The knife I've created has cut me in 2, I'm not alone, I just never knew
grimreaper
Adept
Contacteer:

Bericht door grimreaper »

Q: What kind of mana is made with Mycosynth Lattice's ability? Is it colorless mana, is it mana that acts as all or any color, or do you choose an individual color? You said [last week] that the if you use Soul Burn that you would gain no life, but if the mana is "any color" wouldn't you gain the life?
-- Brian Maudie

A: Mycosynth Lattice doesn't make mana, and has no effect on how other cards make mana. Therefore Cloudpost will still tap for colorless mana, Mountains for red mana, and so on. The Lattice's effect merely lets you ignore certain restrictions when you spend mana.
In the case of Soul Burn, this means you can ignore the clause that says "Spend only black and/or red mana on X", because you're allowed to spend all mana as though it were black and/or red mana.
However, Soul Burn also says "You gain life equal to the damage dealt, but not more than the amount of B spent on X". Since you're not actually spending mana at this point, the Lattice has no effect. When Soul Burn looks back to see what mana you spent, it will see the truth.

(All "as though" effects work this way. As another example, Giant Spider may block "as though" it has flying. This lets it ignore the restriction of Treetop Rangers, but it doesn't make it a valid target for Wing Snare.)

dat beantwoord al een hoop zou ik zeggen
bron: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mt ... th_Lattice
Dat met saccen en untappen kan je doen ja, moet je wel telkens iets hebben om te saccen elke keer dat je wilt untappen
Afbeelding
David
Wizard
Contacteer:

Bericht door David »

Is Consume Spirit een artifact spell? Nee
Is Consume Spirit een artifact ability? Nee
Mag je de mana van Vedalken Engineer dus gebruiken voor Consume Spirit? Nee

Maar er ligt toch een Lattice?
Die maakt je Consume Spirit kleurloos maar niet een artifact. Dat helpt dus niet. Dat je de mana mag gebruiken als any color maakt hier niets uit, daarvan wordt je Consume Spirit niet opeens een artifact.

David
Kingseltje
Advanced

Bericht door Kingseltje »

Hmm ok, dank :roll:

Had ik in moeten zien, maar voor de zekerheid altijd handig om na te vragen :)
The knife I've created has cut me in 2, I'm not alone, I just never knew
grimreaper
Adept
Contacteer:

Bericht door grimreaper »

ach sommige dingen zie je eerder in als het andere. Veel vragen stellen helpt want soms steekt er iets meer achter. En soms denk je te snel :wink:
Afbeelding
Plaats reactie