What do you think of my deck?

Plaats hier je deck, zodat andere Magic: the Gathering spelers jouw deck kunnen zien, en er op kunnen reageren.

Moderator: Admins & Moderators

pi
Archmage
Contacteer:

Bericht door pi »

Hi,

in which language would you prefer us to respond? You seem to favor English, however you do have a .nl e-mail address and seem to be using this board in Dutch. Either is fine with me (forum management wise), but Dutch might be preferable if you want to get more responses.

My first recommendation would be to have a good look at all those 1-off's as that is generally a bad sign. It is usually much better to focus your deck and make it more dependable, by playing your good cards as often as you can and removing the worse cards. This will improve the chances of drawing those and will allow you to play knowing that eventually you'll be able to draw a particular card that will do what you need.

Kind regards,

pi
Je kunt een bijdrage doen aan de kosten van dit forum via deze link.
Saint
Wizard

Bericht door Saint »

Well as for the language barrier, some people might not be able to respond to english posts but I highly doubt it since the game is, well, pretty much in english :P

As for the deck I agree with Pi, there are alot of Single cards in your deck wich usually isen't a good sign (unless there restricted or you have a really good reason for it). Like Pi says, you want to draw your best cards/combo's/things you need as often s possible and having alot of singles in it lowers that chance. The mana base seems fine, more then enough lands, Dark Rituals could be nice because well they usually are in a black deck depending on what Format you play.

Another question is what format do you want to play? Standard, Legacy, Vintage etc. etc. (if you don't know what im talking about i can link a list of commonly played formats and there rules etc.)

As a last side note if you put your card names between Dark Ritual[/c ] (without the spaces) you get something like this [c]Dark Ritual wich makes it alot easier for us to help you :)
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
pi
Archmage
Contacteer:

Bericht door pi »

Hi,

I see the language more like an additional speedbump than something that's insurmountable. It can already be somewhat daunting to get responses at all, hence my suggestion to stick to Dutch as people are just that bit more likely to respond, you want to make it as easy as possible!

Otherwise I agree with Saint. At least some kind of discription of your goals with the deck, such as type of games you play and which format, would be very welcome. Maybe also some description of budget constraints and / or preferences might be wise.

pi
Saint
Wizard

Bericht door Saint »

I agree with Pi, but us living in a country with people of pretty much every race and nationality it happens that, especially wen they recently moved here etc., English is the best way to go for them. They could go to an all English forum but then they won't get the ref's to cheap dutch online stores, local playing area's and so on so on but I do agree Dutch is the base of this forum and English is a speedbump for some people (for some more then others ofcourse).
So if your able to switch to Dutch it would ofcourse make things alot easier else you can atleast get hints and tips from Pi and me and whoever else thinks its not to big of a deal.

Next to that a budget for us to keep in mind would be a nice addition aswell, same goes for a Theme if you want one (as an example: Building around a combo, making a goblin deck (or other type/subtype specific deck) etc.)
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
DutchG0d
Wizard

Bericht door DutchG0d »

volgens mij vinden jullie het gewoon leuker om Engels te typen of niet:P
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

http://manabase.com/autocard.php Card tagging
altx
Wizard

Bericht door altx »

DutchG0d schreef:volgens mij vinden jullie het gewoon leuker om Engels te typen of niet:P
Ik denk het... Aan de woord-voor-woord vertaling in de eerste zin van de openingspost kun je zo zien dat het om een Nederlander gaat die het gewoon leuk vindt om Engels te typen. (Alleen noem ik zoiets altijd Engelands... ;))
Iron Maiden's gonna get you

Scream for mercy // He laughs as he's watching you bleed // Killer behind you // His blood lust defies all his needs // Look out I'm coming for you!
Saint
Wizard

Bericht door Saint »

altx schreef:
DutchG0d schreef:volgens mij vinden jullie het gewoon leuker om Engels te typen of niet:P
Ik denk het... Aan de woord-voor-woord vertaling in de topictitel en de eerste zin van de openingspost kun je zo zien dat het om een Nederlander gaat die het gewoon leuk vindt om Engels te typen. (Alleen noem ik zoiets altijd Engelands... ;))
@alt Of het gaat om iemand die gebrekkig Engels spreekt en nog veel gebrekkiger Nederlands spreekt (bijv. iemand van Oost europese afkomst, waarschijnlijk zuidelijk omdat het anders nog veel gebrekkiger zou zijn :P kijk maar naar de reclame die je in je brievenbus krijgt met "wij verfen huisch 5 euro voor uur" lol)

@Dutch Het maakt mij eigenlijk niet zo veel uit of het nou NL of EN is :P
altx
Wizard

Bericht door altx »

Saint schreef:
altx schreef:
Ik denk het... Aan de woord-voor-woord vertaling in de topictitel en de eerste zin van de openingspost kun je zo zien dat het om een Nederlander gaat die het gewoon leuk vindt om Engels te typen. (Alleen noem ik zoiets altijd Engelands... ;))
Of het gaat om iemand die gebrekkig Engels spreekt en nog veel gebrekkiger Nederlands spreekt (bijv. iemand van Oost europese afkomst, waarschijnlijk zuidelijk omdat het anders nog veel gebrekkiger zou zijn)
Die hebben een andere grammatica dan wij. Moet je voor de gein maar eens naar die zin kijken:

Wat zal ik verbeteren aan mijn deck?

What shall i improve to my deck?

Da's dus een Nederlandse zin die gewoon woord-voor-woord naar het Engels is vertaald.
Iron Maiden's gonna get you

Scream for mercy // He laughs as he's watching you bleed // Killer behind you // His blood lust defies all his needs // Look out I'm coming for you!
pi
Archmage
Contacteer:

Bericht door pi »

Oy,

terug on topic graag: het deck.

mazzel

pi
Saint
Wizard

Bericht door Saint »

Ja daar heb je wel een punt.

Thanks for reading en Bedankt voor het lezen is ook een letterlijke vertaling :P

@pi sorry te laat had al gepost
DutchG0d
Wizard

Bericht door DutchG0d »

en zinnen ontleden is ook veel leuker dan magic decks bespreken :P
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

http://manabase.com/autocard.php Card tagging
pi
Archmage
Contacteer:

Bericht door pi »

Oy,

volgende posts die niet over het deck gaan worden verwijdered. Ook ga ik dan eerdere weg halen. Een discusie er naast is een ding, posts die helemaal niks met het deck te maken hebben is wat anders.

mazzel

pi
The Void Dragon
Advanced

Bericht door The Void Dragon »

Bedankt voor het reageren op mijn post :D
Ik vond het erg leuk om jullie reacties te lezen.
Ik ben in nederland geboren en getogen. Alleen ik dacht dat ik met een Engelse post meer mensen zou bereiken. Maar nu weet ik dat er bijna alleen maar nederlanders op dit forum zitten.

@Saint, Ik weet niet wat dat betekend :P
Een Link zou inderdaad handig zijn.

Greetings
Saint
Wizard

Bericht door Saint »

Iedereen op het forum spreekt nederlands :P het is een nederlands forum dus in je trekt echt niet meer mensen door het in het engels te doen :P

link voor formaten: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTG#Toernooien
Plaats reactie